Thursday, April 8, 2010

In response to Elizabeth

"Do you feel as though people are going to buy a toyota car even after hearing about them in the news? Or will people start buying from other car companies such as nissan or ford?"

For a long time, my family would only purchase Toyota's. My father is a loyal customer. He will not buy any car unless it is Toyota, and he currently drives one. Luckily his car was not one of the ones that was recalled, and although I haven't talked to him about how he feels about this situation, I feel that if he needed to purchase a new car, he would still stick with Toyota.

Now, just because that is what my father would do, I don't think everyone would have that same feeling. I feel that each company has their loyal customers and people who have been buying from them for years. I think that those who are loyal customers and still haven't had any problems with their Toyota will continue to purchase their cars from them. I also think that people with Toyota's, who may not be loyal customers, they may even be first time customers, but they haven't experienced any problems, will continue to keep with Toyota.

One the other hand, those ones who have had the bad experiences will probably never go back. They may even get their friends and family members to refrain from purchasing a Toyota, but I don't think that it will last forever. Like celebrity affairs, the event will eventually blow over. 10 years from now, people will have totally forgotten about this whole ordeal. There will be a new group of young people entering the car market who were never affected by the events that arose due to the manufacturing problems with Toyota vehicles. Also, all of the bad publicity this company is currently getting is opening their eyes. They now will be much more cautious as to the safety of their vehicles before they put them on the road.

When it comes to whether or not people will look to other car companies to buy cars, I think right now they will. The questionable reliability of Toyota is still lingering and is causing worry to some, so yes, they will buy cars from other companies, but like I mentioned earlier I don't think it will last for long. Toyota has always been one of the leading car sales companies and they aren't going to stop now. Once the newest up to date car comes out, I believe people will forget about what happened and be looking into buying that car.

Do you think its true that over the mistakes a powerful company makes, usually blow over? Do you know any examples as to where this may have happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment